Where's My Refund?

When will you receive your refund? The answer depends on how you filed your return. The IRS should issue your refund check within six to eight weeks of filing a paper return. If you chose to receive your refund through direct deposit, you should receive it within a week. If you use e-file, your refund should be issued between two and three weeks.

You can check on the status of your refund by clicking on the links below.

Check your Federal Refund...

Using a mobile device? Download the IRS2Go app to check your refund status.

Check your State Refund... Call (405) 521-3160 for Taxpayer Assistance (from the Oklahoma Tax Commission Website)

1.  What does the Debit Card Look Like?

Debit Card

2.  How can I activate my refund debit card?

By calling 1-888-929-2460 and providing some basic information and the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN). You will designate your own PIN number and can begin using your card at that time.

3.  Why is a debit card being issued for my refund instead of a check?

State law requires disbursements from the State Treasury to be in electronic form. Direct Deposit information was not provided on the original filed return so a debit card was issued. The debit card provides another electronic alternative to direct deposit into your checking or savings account. The debit card also provides taxpayers who do not have a bank account with a refund payment option.

4.  If I don’t want my refund payment by debit card do I have another option?

Yes! You can provide direct deposit information on your original filed Oklahoma tax return and deposit your refund in your checking or savings account.

5.  How can I use my refund debit card free of charge?

You can use the card anywhere MasterCard is accepted: at the gas station, grocery store, department store, online and many more. You can also take the card and PIN to any bank or credit union that accepts MasterCard and ask the teller for the full amount of the card balance in cash and then deposit it into your checking or savings account. You can also withdraw funds from the card free of charge from any MoneyPass ATM location in Oklahoma.

6.  What do I need to take to the bank to get a teller-assisted cash withdrawal from my refund debit card?

Two important items – You will need to have your activated refund debit card and know the current balance on your card. Visit any MasterCard accepting bank or credit union teller and request a “cash advance” for the available amount of your debit card. Most banks require some form of ID to prove you are the owner of the card. Some banks also enter your zip code as a verification to access the funds. In these instances give the teller the zip code used on your income tax return. Some people have more than one address such as a PO box and physical address. If you don’t give the teller the zip code from your return the transaction may decline. Please remember that card must be activated prior to taking it to the bank to withdraw the funds.

7.  What can I do if I forget my PIN number?

Call 1-888-929-2460, provide your security information for validation and select the PIN option. It will then allow you to select a new PIN.

8.  Is a debit card safe and secure?

The debit card can’t be used by anyone until activated by you. It also can’t be used as a debit card without the PIN number. The debit card provides more security than a check sent to your mailbox and it allows for the privacy of your refund amount.

9.  If I use my refund debit card at a merchant location can I get cash back if my card has a balance that is more than the cost of my purchase?

You can get cash back at any merchant that offers that option. If you want cash back you must select the debit button and use your PIN. For example, if your refund is $400.00 and the cost of your merchandise is $300.00 you can get the remaining balance of $100.00 in cash or leave the balance on the card to use at another time.

10.  Can I transfer the balance on my refund debit card to my checking or savings account?

Yes. For a fee of 75 cents you can go online to www.goprogram.com to transfer the card balance to your checking or savings account. It saves a trip to your bank or credit union.

11.  If I filed my return as married filing jointly will each spouse receive a debit card?

Yes. Each spouse will receive a debit card which can be activated by them with full and equal access to the refund amount.

12.  If I don’t use my card for a period of time is there a fee?

Yes. A fee of $1.50 per month will be deducted from the refund amount after 60 days of inactivity. We recommend using the card periodically to avoid the fee or use or withdraw the entire balance immediately. The choice is yours.

13.  If I lose my card or it is stolen can I get a replacement?

Yes. You can call 1-888-929-2460, provide your information and get a free replacement card. Any subsequent replacement cards are issued at a cost of $4.00 each.

14.  If my refund is $500.00 can I withdraw all of it in cash from an ATM machine using my debit card and PIN?

Yes. There will be ATM limitations on how much cash can be dispensed in a single transaction. It will likely take multiple transactions to withdraw all of the funds in this example. Some ATM fees may apply unless you use a MoneyPass ATM location in Oklahoma.

15.  Can I check my card balance on-line?

Yes. You can check your card balance anytime, free of charge, by going to www.goprogram.com.

16.  Can I use my phone to get my balance?

You can call 1-888-929-2460 to get the balance. The first two phone balance inquiries are free. Subsequent phone inquiries are 35 cents per call.

17.  Can I get a balance alert on my cell phone?

Yes. The first mobile balance alert is free. Subsequent alerts include a fee of 10 cents each.

18.  What do I do with my debit card when I use all of the funds and the balance is zero?

You should properly dispose of it. It has no remaining value.

19.  Can I send my debit card back to the Tax Commission and request a refund check be mailed to me or request that a credit be added to my account?

No. You will not be able to mail the debit card back to request a replacement refund check or credit. If a debit card is returned to the Oklahoma Tax Commission the card will be destroyed to protect the balance on the account. A replacement card will be issued.

20.  What will cause the refund debit card to be declined by a business or merchant?

The card will decline if the cost of the merchandise is more than the balance of the card. For example, if the refund card has a balance of $300.00 and the merchandise totals $400.00 the card will automatically decline. However, to avoid the decline you must tell the checkout cashier the amount you want applied to the card. In this case, if you want the entire card balance of $300.00 applied, they will enter that amount into their system. The cashier will then allow you to pay the additional amount owed totaling $100.00 by other means. In this example the card will now have a zero balance and can be properly discarded at that point.

21.  What should I do if I receive a debit card for a deceased taxpayer?

If you filed a joint return with the decedent you may access the full amount of the refund by using the debit card imprinted with your name.

If you receive a debit card for a deceased taxpayer and did not file a joint return with them contact ACS at 1-888-929-2460. After you activate the card with a PIN number you will hear a set of options. Select option 6 to dispute a balance. Once you are in option 6, select option 3 “dispute a balance”. This will transfer you to a service representative. Inform the representative you have received a debit card for a deceased taxpayer and would like to open a service ticket. You will be sent instructions on how to obtain the refund.

In order to process the request for disbursement of funds from the deceased taxpayer ACS will require a certified Death Certificate of the card account holder and 1 document from the list below will be required:

  • Letters of Probate
  • Identification of the Estate Executor/Administrator
  • Letters of Administration
  • Letters Testamentary
  • Small Estate Affidavit
(signature stamp and or seal must be visible on the above documents) 

Schedule a Consultation

Featured Articles

Subscribe to our Emailed Newsletter